Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Surfing the Rock Waves

I went on an adventure over the weekend! We had to get up super duper early - like 4:30 am. I just blinked a bit and let Mama pack me into her backpack. One of the benefits of being a little bear. By the time I woke up, we had already had a little ferry ride, a car ride, some hot chocolate time and were getting on another ferry!

This painted electrical box was a good "stretch-my-legs" break as we waited for the next ferry.

And this is the back of it!

There it is!! We are going to that island in the background. I'm not sure why we left our island to go to another island... but then people are beary strange!

This island is beautiful too - just like our island.

There are great viewpoints for little bears.

And sea birds poking around on the rocks. I would have gone closer except the rocks were slimy with algae and I might have slipped and gotten wet and dirty and gloppy!

You can see the big ferries from this island too... Mama was trying to take a photograph with both me and the boat in focus... but... it didn't work. Either the ferry was in focus and I was out of focus (above)...

Or, I was in focus and the ferry was out of focus... It could look like I'm going to catch the ferry!

So far this island is a lot like our island but... here we have something different! The sandstone along the shoreline has eroded to look like a wave curling over... beary cool!

And a perfect place for a little bear to explore.

Oh look, honeycomb rocks - I've seen these before!

Oh, this is cool!! I can get all scrunched up and stick upside down in the rock hollows! "Look Mama, no paws!!"

Just hanging around by one paw (and a bit of one butt cheek)!

 Oooh... I could play hide-and-seek here...

This place looks a bit like toe prints or a bear claw or something!

 Whew - that was great fun! And to cap it off... I found a penny!

It's from 1953... that's... let me see... that's 60 years old!

Oh... and we also stopped to take pictures of this Yogi rock... it has a broom and a hoe sticking out of it... not sure why!

And a distant view of a lighthouse on a little island and the North Shore mountains on the mainland.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! that looks a bit like a Dalek from Dr Who!! Did you keep the penny? When Andrea finds those, she lets me keep them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to live near the ocean Sandy! We love the ocean. Those rocks look fun too...but don't get stuck inside one! We like lighthouses too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beanie - Of course I got to keep the penny! I have sad news though... our Canadian penny is going to be retired starting in early February. I'll have to do a post on that... see if Mama has some more pennies tucked away somewhere!

    @Jerry & Ben - The ocean is beary nice... although a bit chilly with the breeze! Good thing I had my puffy coat on! I was trying to convince Mama that my beach outfit might be good to have on... sometimes she's pretty smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your Mom is right Sandy, you'd be beary cold wearing your beach outfit in January, although your fur might help you to keep a little bit warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm... I don't know... there are doggies here with fur who still wear their little sweaters too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We agree, a Vancouver sweatshirt and nice red jacket are always nicer...plus they keep your fur clean!

    ReplyDelete