Monday, February 18, 2013

Down on the Boardwalk

I was a little bored today and decided to go down to the water at the edge of our property. All winter long, there's been water down there... But not today!
I thought something was weird as I walked down the dock... it smelled kind of stinky.

Ooooohhhh... where'd all the water go??

 It's just a big mud flat...

There's only a tiny stream of water in the middle... Mama says it's because the tide is out. But we've had the tides all winter... why is it so low now??? Mama says that tides are complicated, but that during the winter, the low Low Tide happens at night and during the summer, the low Low tide happens during the day. We are moving from winter to summer... so that is why!

I thought that maybe I could walk out to the water but... that looks like very gloppy mud... and Mama says my boots would not survive that sort of a trek!

4 comments:

  1. I love your red coat! Thanks for the beautiful card that was waiting for us when we came home from our trip to Schiermonnikoog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! It's a great coat for adventuring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get your boots muddy Sandy!

    We knew Hammie would love your RED coat....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. My other boots are dark grey - and it's easy to hide dirt on them... These tan boots are beary susceptible to dirtiness!

    Hammie always likes red!! He's got great taste in colours... heh-heh...

    ReplyDelete