Sunday, March 10, 2013

Honey Honey Honey!!

We're home and... Mama says we have honey!! I didn't get to go into the store to make sure she bought enough... and being strapped into my seatbelt meant I couldn't snoop through the bags either!

 But... there it is... a shopping bag full of honey...

(rummage, rummage - grunt - mrrrphlll... grunt... squeak...)

 WHAT!!! This is it!!! Two tiny little packets of liquid honey????

I am not impressed and give Mama a baleful stare... She laughed and told me to look again... that these packets are emergency rations!

(rummage, rummage... grunt... huff and puff...)

Ooooh... that's better!!! It says miel en creme (with a funny accent on the first e in creme) which means....

"Oh, hello Sandy... what do we have here?? What does miel en creme mean?? Is it anything good to eat??" Griz is on the scene...

Oh dear... I am having a moral-dilemma moment... Griz doesn't know French... should I translate it for him? That means less honey for me!! Ooohhhh.... What would Winnie the Pooh do??? What would Jerry and Ben do?? What would Buttons do? And Bob?

10 comments:

  1. We have a saying overhere that says that joy/happiness gets more when you share it, just like the card that you send us, so if you want hamsteradvice, SHARE it, you'll enjoy it more, even if you get less honey... Seeing the smile on your friends face will make your halve taste double as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hammie - Thanks Hammie!! That is a beary good saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you should share it. You have two containers, you can each have one. ;) Put your names on them. Let mama have the emergency rations, next time I guarantee she will buy larger emergency rations. :)

    So glad you now have honey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Buttons - mmm... no, Mama only bought one container for 2 bears. Can you believe it??? I think I will suggest she buy a second one! And we can share in the meantime maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winnie the Pooh would say say, "Oh, bother..." Silly bear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lori - That is a great saying... "Oh bother!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben dit qu'il ne traduirait pas la phrase, ce qui ferait plus de miel pour lui. Jerry, par contre, déclare "huh?" Ben a peur qu'il ne comprenne pas le français, tant mieux! Après tout, Ben n'est pas si méchant que ça, et partage toujours ce qu'il a avec tout le monde.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jerry & Ben - Mmmmm.... apparently Griz is not the only bear who is oblivious to the perils of being unilingual!! More miel and honig for the rest of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only one thing for it. EAT IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh... but what if Griz sees me eating honey?? "Oh bother!!" as Pooh would say... I think I will share it but claim a finder's fee!!

    ReplyDelete