Friday, March 22, 2013

Slow... Slugs

When I first got to this island, I saw this beary strange sign...
What is that animal?? Is it an animal?? I haven't seen anything like it... until today...
Do you see what is climbing up that little mushroom?
It's a little slug! That's what that sign was for!! I think all the slugs were hibernating before... and now that it is spring, they are coming out of hibernation.
Mama says they are called banana slugs and they can be sort of yellowish green or even pure black.
This one was actually crossing the trail!
Which means that a little bear has to be careful where he steps!

7 comments:

  1. Those slugs are beary sluggish! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they're cool! And they have their own traffic sign! I want one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jerry & Ben - Yep - if you have to wait at a slug crossing, you might as well bring your lawn chair and a good book!!

    @Sullivan - I know! I don't know where they got such a cool sign... I've seen turtle crossing signs too (in the dry Okanagan).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Run, Alexander! RUN!! Oh- wait... Saunter, Alexander. Saunter away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ryan - yes... I now know why there aren't any scary movies starring slugs... the movie would be weeks long and the audience would fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slug crossing...lawn chair and a book..Jerry and Ben are laughing so hard Ben fell off his little chair onto the carpet...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jerry & Ben - Oh good... that means he forgot about the unmelting snow for a while!

    ReplyDelete