Saturday, May 18, 2013

Little Bear Family Reunion in Vietnam!

OK... as you might know... I have visited my favourite coffee shop in Hong Kong - and there were no little bear outfits. And I visited it in Bangkok... and there were no little bear outfits. And I was kind of dragging my paws because everybody knows that there are no favourite coffee shops in communist Vietnam. Until... until... this past February!!! Ooooohhhhh.... There is now one store in Vietnam... and we are a 5-minute walk away from it!

There it is!!! Hot chocolate here I come!!

They have mugs - only 240,000 VND. That's pretty cheap actually - only $12 USD. But... we all know what I'm really looking for... a new outfit! I didn't see any but then we met a beary nice man (from Montreal - Ben will like that!) who was in charge of the coffee shop. I asked beary nicely if they had any little bear outfits tucked away. He told me that they have them on order - but they aren't due to come into the store until the middle of July when we will be in Hanoi (this little bear cried some silent tears). But then... Mr. Montreal did tell me that he had some little bears hanging around his office! They were thrilled to come downstairs and meet a cousin from Canada!

Oooohhh... it was like a family reunion!! Some were from SE Asia and some were from North America. Do you see the Nutcracker Little Bear? And the one on the very end at the right is a First Little Bear - that would be like a Great Great Great Grand Cousin of mine.

That's a little Singapore bear to the left of me...

And this is a Pike Place bear from Seattle! He might be the closest cousin on the Little Bear family tree.

This is the Year of the Snake bear... but that's not a real snake... whew! I thought maybe this little bear could do some snake charming but noooo... Guess that would be an Indian bear! Love the outfit though....

And there was even a little bear from Hong Kong... not sure where those little bears were hiding when I was in Hong Kong.

This was a super special visit - and who knows... there may yet be a Vietnamese outfit in my future... I'll keep my paws crossed. And I'll be sure to keep Jerry & Ben in mind as I know they would love a Vietnamese outfit too!

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! We just saw the Chinese dragon outfit online (although we're not so sure we'd like a snake hanging around our necks, the Chinese coat is beary beautiful); it should would look good in Sandy's collection. We need to get a Starbuck's apron for Ben--he likes to cook and to bake, plus we could attach different pins to the front of it. Maybe Sandy needs one too! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are definitely some nice outfits. The apron would be a definite asset for Ben while he cooks... Jerry would probably need more than an apron! The Chinese coat outfit would be great for hosting a dinner party - all bears and not-a-bears invited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do think Sandy needs a Canadian Mounty outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT is a brilliant idea! I wonder why they haven't thought of that yet!! I would look super-handsome in that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We agree, then also a Sandy-sized moose too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chad & Jess - Thanks! It does look pretty sharp!

    ReplyDelete