Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Easter!

OK, so this posting is a bit late for Easter but... I got to go on a road trip! It was to the island I spent the winter on last year - how exciting! I've never been here in the spring or summer so this was a nice treat.

Are those eggs in the tree? Nope... just some flags. I thought maybe Mama had laid out some hidden Easter eggs for me (chocolate ones of course) but no...

Ohh... weird horse tails. They look pretty in the sun.

Actually, most things today look pretty with the sun!

Even an old wooden bench. 

Hmmm... that is a different looking tree. I must go and check it out closer.

Oh my goodness... it is a dogwood tree!!! The Pacific Dogwood is the provincial flower of BC! I've never seen one before and was starting to think they don't grow here at all but... they doooo... so nice!

And there was more to the weekend adventure including a trip down to Victoria but... no pictures of me... actually, no pictures, period! Grumble... those human photographers!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Sandy! But we confess, we thought for sure it was going to be a special Easter story about how your mom arranged for an Easter egg hunt for you. Really, sometimes these seKretaries need to be told what do you. We often have to hint at ours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... a special Easter story... oh dear! Sorry... heh-heh... I was away over Easter and Mama says the Easter bunny couldn't find us... I think she is pulling my leg but, you never know!

      Delete
  2. The dogwood is a bear pretty looking tree. I can see why BY chose that tree as there provincial tree. Hmm I wonder what my states tree is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the Oregon Grape (of course)... at least for the state flower... the state tree is Douglas Fir - which we have a lot of as well!

      Delete
  3. The sky looks beary blue! A great day outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... it is always good to get outside when the sun is shining!

      Delete