Thursday, March 19, 2015

Mail!

There was mail today!! And from the fleur d'lis in the corner... it must be from Jerry & Ben! But... the envelope was addressed to Mama... So, I'm not sure what's up with that.

I did sneak a peak at the customs label and it said souvenir for doll...

Doll?? Who's a doll? Is there a doll in the house that I don't know about?

Oh... maybe it's for me!! I mean, I am a doll of a bear of course... and maybe Jerry & Ben figured a souvenir for a doll would sneak through better than a souvenir for a bear!

Ah-hah!!! I knew it... the card is addressed to me!

Awwww.... look at the cute drawing the guys did on the front... Jerry is such a good artist.

Now to open the present! But wait... Mama says it's an Easter card so I should wait til Easter. What?

Let me count... 2... 9... 12...

16 days til Easter!!! I can't wait that long!

I think we should put it to a vote... Why don't you go and get Spooky and Rascal while I wait here...

(short while later)...

Oh... well.. you know... I figured the cats would both me on my side seeing as how impatient they are as well!

Ohhhh.... ahhhh!!!!

It's one of their Aunty's sweaters!!! And a matching hat... in Canadian colours no less! Thanks guys!!! It fits perfectly! How did she know my size??


18 comments:

  1. What a neat Easter gift! I noticed Spooky and Rascal didn't make it into the photos, were they being "difficult" subjects to photograph?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Little Fox! Well... I don't think Mama got beary far out of the room before she heard the rustling sound of gift wrap being ripped open. Heh-heh...

      Delete
  2. It will be a great outfit to wear on Canada day as well....."Oh Canada, our home and native land...."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! That is a great idea... I need to find our flag so I am ready for celebrations.

      Delete
  3. That is a perfect fit! How did they know your size?? I agree.. I can't wait to open packages either. you made the right decision tearing into that box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fits absolutely perfectly! I think it must be a genetic thing - all little bears have a similar build or something. I'm glad you concur on the package-opening decision. I got a stern look from Mama but I waited soooo long to open my Christmas present!

      Delete
  4. Jerry is a beary good artist! We would like to see more drawings please...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerry is a super good artist! If you look way back through their posts - you'll find that Jerry did some portraits of stuffies - just click on the label Drawings... I think Jerry did a smash-up job!

      Delete
    2. We still have my the drawing he made of me in a real picture frame!

      Delete
    3. Really! He sent you the drawings - that's pretty cool. I think we need to encourage Jerry in his drawing...

      Delete
    4. Ben has been pestering to do more drawings of Stuffie pals, hopefully after Easter!

      Delete
    5. Ben is a very good pesterer so we'll keep our paw tips crossed!

      Delete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the Easter sweater Sandy! We thought you would like the colors. We're sorry about the "doll" label...that's what you get when little bears allow a seKretary to fill out the form (Jerry does an eye roll). We tried to find an iron-on Canadian maple leaf to add, but couldn't find one. Maybe you might like to add a maple leaf pin to it. Ben says if we all wear sweaters we'll look like cousins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys! I love the colours! That's OK about the "doll" label... I understand that some sekrebearies must be beary busy and that sometimes they have memory lapses... the word "bear" probably just slipped his mind and all he could think of was "doll"... which is way better than "toy"!
      I will have to look for an iron-on maple leaf up here - I would think they would be more common! Or even a sew-on one. Gramma is coming for a visit next week and I plan to show her the sweater and say "See! Stop knitting scarfs and start knitting bear sweaters." We'll see if it works.
      I think... if we all wore our sweaters (including Jake)... we could call ourselves Band of Bears!

      Delete
    2. We agree...Ben gave our seKretary a bear stare, so hopefully that won't happen again. Oh, Band of Bears! sounds like a great idea for a movie!

      Delete