Sunday, June 26, 2016

Ben's Keetchun - Basil Garlic Scape Pesto

Hullo... wellkom to Ben's Keetchun! I am here with my soo chef Sandy... A few weeks back we harvested the garlic scapes and then made pesto with them. Due to teknical sekrebearial isshues... this post was deelayed. Sooo... here we are!

First, we washed zee scapes...

Then we chopped them into pieces (1-2" long)... and deescarded the tips above the bulbules...

While I was kutting... Sandy got out the food processor and set it up.

Now... we put the scapes in the food processor...

Remember... don't include the tips... they are tough!

Nowwww... we also need... olive oil, walnuts and parmeezan cheeze....

I hope we have eenough cheeze... Oh... what is that you have Sandy?

"Well, it's some frozen basil puree from last year... maybe we could add it??"

 Hmmm...

I theenk that would work well!!

Soooo... we whipped up the scapes...

Added the basil purreee...

 And then some olive and walnuts... but... Sandy said he had more puree....

So we thawed some more in the mikrowave...

 While I added that, Sandy rooted through the cupboard and...

found some jars!

Mmmmm... doesn't that look good???

I do think Papa needs to build me a greenhouse so I can grow lots and lots of basil and make pesto!

All of that made three jars... which we will now put in the freezer...

Thank's for visiting Ben's Keetchun!! (Actually Sandy's Keetchun... but you know... mia casa sua casa!)

4 comments:

  1. Papa: yum! Two bear cooks area always better in the kitchen! (with another stuffie or two around for taste testing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be safe from vampires for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will put an order for 3 bottles please.

    ReplyDelete