Monday, December 26, 2016

T'was the Night Before Christmas...

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

The stuffies were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of honey-cake danced in their heads.
And mama in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the door I flew like a flash,..

Ummm... I heard a noise... out there... in the living room.

 Did you hear a noise?? Me too... I think we should go explore...

I'll go first...

 This massive sideboard display is a great place to hide... except for the fact that I'm not wearing my camo gear!! Oooh...

I heard some rustling!! Maybe it's just the cats?

Over there, in front of the fireplace... do you see it? It's a big red sack.

A HUGE red sack!!! Do you think it's St. Nick?? I did leave out a plate of cookies (biscotti) and a glass of milk... but I can't see them from here.

 I will get closer...

I can hear murmuring... and munching...OK... I am ready...

Oh my goodness...

It's Saint Nick!!! Or as we would say... Santa Claws!! He's real!

Oh wow... Santa Claws... I'm so sorry... I didn't really believe you were real! I like your outfit, by the way... We had a nice chat and Santa Claws shared some of the biscotti with me. Nice...

Wait til I tell Mama in the morning... just you wait... oh wow...

To Be Continued...

5 comments: